SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#362319 - 02/28/13 06:23 AM Who owns "Syle Works?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Do you use it daily, weekly, twice a year or what?

Do you like it?

In your opinion, does it do a FAIR, GOOD, VERY GOOD, or EXCELLENT job?

Does it take up all your time from watching "Gunsmoke, The Virginian, The Big Valley, Wagon Train, the Saints, LSU, the Super Bowl so on and so forth?

Did you purchase it and do 1 or 2 maybe 3 midi files to style conversions and now it collects dust sitting in the corner of the room or in the corner of the computer?

If Diki can't answer every one of these questions with a minimum of 3 or 4 sentences, he will be a huge disappointment to me. I will only read half of his post from mow on.

Just joking Diki!!!

#362329 - 02/28/13 10:59 AM Re: Who owns "Syle Works? [Re: brickboo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No Mac version.

#362330 - 02/28/13 10:59 AM Re: Who owns "Syle Works? [Re: brickboo]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
LOL

#362343 - 02/28/13 08:22 PM Re: Who owns "Syle Works? [Re: brickboo]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

I used the demo version to convert many, many styles to the Audya format. It did an excellent job. Converting Roland styles to any other format works best because Roland uses standard midi voices to create exceptionally good styles.

Of course it cannot convert any Yamaha Mega voices accurately! But it gives you a good start from where to start tweaking on your own.

The trick is to find other brand styles that are already converted to Roland format & then only to convert those to whatever you play. There are many such Roland conversions available on the net, and especially on CreateSongstyles.

Go for it - if you like styles, I will motivate anyone to purchase this software. It is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than the critique I've read from some over here. I have nothing but good things to say about it and if you own an Audya, you will back me up solidly on this statement. The many, many, many thousands of converted styles tell the real story...

Regards,

Henni

#362349 - 03/01/13 12:34 AM Re: Who owns "Style Works? [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: brickboo
Does it take up all your time from watching "Gunsmoke, The Virginian, The Big Valley, Wagon Train

OMG rotfl ... you forgot Rawhide and Dragnet rotf2 I'm sure Doby Gillis and Maynard G. Krebs both used Style Works.

#362353 - 03/01/13 06:07 AM Re: Who owns "Style Works? [Re: brickboo]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Nigel, I forgot what I'm watching now, "How The West Was Won" with Matt Dillion. Man it goes on forever and all for free on YouTube. I still have Restless Gun, Wanted Dead or Alive, Rawhide, High Chaparral and Laramie that I've just watched a few of. I'm sure There are more. Oh! I left out the Packerss and the Redskins too.

#362461 - 03/03/13 12:34 AM Re: Who owns "Style Works? [Re: brickboo]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
And when I was young I liked Rifleman a lot too wink Imagine someone walking down the local main street like this now ... I think it would attract some serious attention laugh2

#362466 - 03/03/13 02:16 AM Re: Who owns "Style Works? [Re: brickboo]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Sorry to digress to the original topic, but, yes I have styleworks, but have not used Midi to styles.

#362472 - 03/03/13 05:50 AM Re: Who owns "Style Works? [Re: Nigel]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By: Nigel
And when I was young I liked Rifleman a lot too wink Imagine someone walking down the local main street like this now ... I think it would attract some serious attention laugh2

I watch all the old shows...on FMZ channel69 out of Allentown Pa...24 hours a day...all the shows we watched ...

I watch 3 channels on TV.(3, 10 out of Phila and the one mentionede above)...I don't even want to think about the other 1,000 channels..

#362474 - 03/03/13 06:03 AM Re: Who owns "Style Works? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

So who owns styleweorks?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online